Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back in school



We are now at the end of the second week of a new school year. Isn't it amazing how quickly the kids go from being excited about getting up and getting ready for school to needing to be bribed (or possibly threatened) out of bed. But I guess if we can get all of us out of the house and to school on time we are doing great! To be honest, Rebekah has the toughest time getting up and going, but she does a pretty good job. They love their teachers and love going to school so we must be doing something right. Adam is loving preschool and already singing the new songs every day. Ryan asks every day if he can go to preschool and he asks multiple times a day where Kiersten and Rebekah are! And Lindsey is as happy as ever, even though her naps are often interrupted to go get the kids from school!


Another things we are trying to do is walk to and from school. It's not horribly far, but it is a good 20 minute walk each way. But the kids are troopers and I tell myself I am saving tons of gas money and getting somewhat of a workout! It has been an adventure keeping Adam close by. He has so much energy and wants to go, go, go. There have been a couple of times that he has tried to cross a road when a car is coming, or when he gets so far ahead of me that I can't get his attention. But no tragedies yet, and we have many discussions about how he has to wait for slow mom if he wants to ride his bike.


I felt I would be able to get a little more done while a couple of the kids were in school but I am still not quite there! When I have a few minutes to work on something, I have no desire to work on it! And I do miss the girls and miss having a lot of time to chat and play. They don't get out of school until almost 4 pm so there is not much time for anything! I try to make sure we have time to talk about what they did at school, but I could still be better at making time to talk. But we have a whole year!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so awkward yet cool.
KIKI